Vae Victus

Classical Musings on a Modern World - Politics, Military Analysis, Dog Training, and More

Name:
Location: Chicago, IL

I am a consultant from chicago where I live with my wife, our dog, and two cats

Friday, October 07, 2005

Counting the good things - the GWOT

Well, conservatives are busy beating each other up over whether or not SMU is a law school qualified to produce a SC justice or whether or not they should stop giving money to Republicans because of Miers, but that doesn't mean that everything has stopped in the world. On the contrary, a lot has been happening:

Bush gave a big speech laying out (yet again) the GWOT and why it is important. Unfortunately, it wasn't covered and the papers that did cover it used it as an opportunity to talk about Bush's poll numbers. However, this isn't the 80's and we have alternatives now. Go to this great analysis of the speech at Powerline: http://powerlineblog.com/archives/011890.php

In other news in the WSJ talks about how "Radicals in Iraq Begin Exporting Violence, Mideast Neighbors Say". While the spin by the neighbors is that the cause is Iraq, the reality is that the terrorists are finding it harder and harder to operate in Iraq. The reason that more and more bombers are hitting civilian targets in Iraq is that they've lost the battle against the soldiers and are concentrating on softer targets. Now that the Iraqi's have sufficient military strength to operate in a attack and hold fashion, the safe bastions within Iraq continue to shrink for the terrorists. No doubt they are finding it more hospitable elsewhere. Check on Belmontclub for an excellent analysis of what has been happening in the effort to create this increasingly more involved and more effective Iraqi army: http://fallbackbelmont.blogspot.com/2005/10/few-good-men.html

Expect to see more violence as we get closer to the vote to ratify the constitution in Iraq, and then as we get closer to their first full elections, but progress is being made toward turning Iraq into a success story

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great blog here Alan, searching for information on valley dog training has brought me here. Although Counting the good things - the GWOT is not exactly what I am looking for it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your blog looking for information on valley dog training and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog thanks for the read.

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, there Alan, I am out searching for information on dog behaviour training and found your site. Although Counting the good things - the GWOT is not exactly what I am looking for it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your page looking for information on dog behaviour training and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog thanks for the read.

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, there Alan, I dropped in to look over this post because I wanted some info on dog training dummies. I have to admit, theres some pretty good info here but I could not find anything about Counting the good things - the GWOT specifically. I was looking for information on dog training dummies. Great blog thanks for the read.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home